Primary objective of this article is to explain how to enable, and configure Groups at your site. Please read it completely to understand all available options
Accessing the configuration options
Navigate to site backend, and from Components dropdown menu, select JomSocial->Configuration
Locate the Groups settings and make sure that Groups are enabled (they are enabled by default)
Other options explained
- Allow guests to perform Search Groups - Can guests search groups?
- Moderate Group Creation - if enabled, Site Admin will have to approve every new group
- Allow Group Creation - Allow all users to create groups
- Group Creation Limit - Maximum number of groups user can create. 0 for unlimited
- Group photos upload limit - Maximum number of photos that can be uploaded to group albums. 0 for unlimited
- Group video upload limit - maximum number of videos that can be posted in group. 0 for unlimited
- Enable group Announcements - Enable announcements in groups
- Enable Group Discussions - Enable discussions feature
- Enable group photos - If enabled, photo galleries will be available in groups
- Enable Group Videos - If enabled, users will be able to post videos in groups
- Enable Group Events - If enabled, users will be able to create events in groups
- Enable notification for new discussions - This feature will send the new email notification for all members of the group if theres new discussion
- Group file upload limit - Maximum number of files that can be uploaded to groups. 0 for unlimited.
- Enable file sharing for discussion - If enabled, file uploads will be available in discussions (under condition that discussions file upload enabled per individual group settings)
- Maximum File Size - Set the maximum filesize of file
- Enable file sharing for bulletin - If enabled, file uploads will be available in announcements (under condition that bulletins file upload is enabled per individual group settings)
Additional Group options
In template settings
Default JomSocial templates have option to show latest groups on frontpage to public or registered members as well as hiding it completely.
Please navigate to Components->JomSocial->Templates and open the template that is currently in use at the site
locate this option
- Show latest group - This option control the visibility of Latest Groups box on frontpage
In Layout Settings
Navigate back to JomSocial Configuration and find the Frontpage options under layout Pane
- Frontpage Recent Groups - is an option which will determine how many recent groups will be shown in the Latest Groups box on frontpage.