Gallery view is broken
Symptom: Gallery keeps on loading with showing the photo.
- PHP ran out of memory during image-resizing for viewing. Check your php.ini memory_limit and increase it accordingly.
- The actual file is missing due to upload/permission issue.
- Third party plugin conflict
- We need to know whether the actual image exists or not.
- Right Click on the thumb> View Image (in Firefox)
- Take note of the actual URL for the thumb.
- You will notice that the URL of the thumb is (example): Thumb: images/photos/62/thumb_e9c8787197c151c42b599543.jpg
- The URL of the actual image would be (example) : Actual : images/originalphotos/62/e9c8787197c151c42b599543.jpg
- photos -> originalphotos
- thumb_e9c8787197c151c42b599543.jpg -> e9c8787197c151c42b599543.jpg
- Once you know the generated file name, head straight to the original photo, which is www.yoursite.com/images/originalphotos/62/e9c8787197c151c42b599543.jpg
- If you manage to view both original photos and its thumb, then most likely your issue lies on insufficient memory_limit.
- If you are not able to view any or both original photos and its thumb, most likely your issue lies on incorrect directory permission.