This is useful feature when you need to create a lot of predefined groups. In that case all you need is to create CSV file.
Your CSV files needs to be formatted in following order:
- name - group name.
- privacy - group privacy, where 0 is open group while 1 is closed group.
- short_description - short group description.
- full_description - full group description.
- category_id - category ID to which group should be assigned.
An example of CSV file can be downloaded here
- Browse to JomSocial Dasboard in the backend then click on Groups -> View groups
- Click Import groups from .CSV button
- Click Browse button and locate file on your hard drive, confirm your choice.
- Click Import groups button.
File should be uploaded and groups created.