The poll is a new feature in Jomsocial
This option is used to show a voting poll on the frontend.
How to Enable ? To Enable the Poll feature on the front page, enable the poll option from Jomsocial configuration panel. Open Poll > Poll Settings to enable them.
- All Polls - Allows admin to publish, unpublish and delete a poll from a list of all poll.
- Polls Category - Allows admin to create a new category or modify already created category for poll, In this panel, admin can create different categories for the poll.
Poll Setting fields
- Enable Polls - Enable ro disable the poll option on site.
- Allow Guests to Perform Search Polls - Allow a guest user to perform a search in the poll..
- Moderate Poll Creation - Enabling this option will set the created poll in a queue for admin approval.
- Allow Poll Creation - Allow this option to allow a user to add a new poll on site.
- Poll Creation Limit - Set maximum no. of polls a user can create, set 0 for unlimited..
Jomsocial gives full control over the poll using Joomla ACL. You can allow/disallow Joomla user group to not create,edit or delete a poll. To make changes in access level, open JomSocial > Configurations > Access Control and configure.
To add Poll Menu on site, Open Menu manager > Add new menu item > community > Polls. There is a different type of poll menu you can add on site.
Add a Poll in front-end
Once the poll option is enabled in back-end, user can post a poll, each poll has following fields :
- Poll Title : - the title of the poll
- Poll options : - add poll options.
- Category: - assign the poll to a category
- Expiry date: - end date of poll
- Allow multiple choices: - tick the option to let user select multiple options in the poll. If not, user can select 1 option only.