Failed to Fetch Video
First, make sure that you have cURL enabled on your site.
If you do have cURL enabled and the problem persists, it will likely be because YouTube adds redirection on their Video Page when your server tries to access it quite a number of times. Here's what you can do, edit the file Joomla/components/com_community/helpers/remote.php and add the following around line 22:
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION ,1);
Unlicensed Copy (Only Applicable to 1.6.x and Below)
The new download area has just recently been updated and is accessible at http://www.jomsocial.com/component/account/. In this new area, old license keys have been removed as JomSocial 1.6 is very outdated version, and had lost support years ago. Since version 1.8, JomSocial is a GPL component and you don't need any license keys.
Video Thumbnails Not Showing
- Make sure you’re running on the latest version of JomSocial.
- Make sure the “Videos Root Folder” in the configuration matches the location of the videos. Tips: Don’t put the full path. Just the folder name. e.g. videos.
Video Still in Pending Status for Extended Period
- If you are using shared hosting service, most likely your webhosting provider doesn’t have FFmpeg installed.
- The FFmpeg path was entered incorrectly.
- Scheduled task/Cronjob is not running. Read how to setup cron. http://www.jomsocial.com/docs/Cron_Setup
- Incorrect folder permissions; FFmpeg couldn’t create new videos or thumbnails as result. Please turn on the Joomla FTP layer.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens to the video file I uploaded?
It will remain untouched until scheduled task / cron runs. Then FFmpeg will convert all pending videos into FLV format. After that, the videos are ready and will be listed.
Can I skip FFmpeg by uploading FLV format videos?
Sorry, the answer is No, for the sake of video size and quality consistency.
How do I administrate videos?
Logged in as Admin, you will be able to Edit / Delete videos in the Frontend. You will also be able to feature video or remove it from features videos and also from the videos in Groups.
If you know what you are doing, you can tweak flowplayer with this file: Joomla\components\com_community\templates\default\videos.flowplayer.php